Organization Restructuring Effective April 2019
Mitsui Chemicals, Inc.
Mitsui Chemicals, Inc. (President & CEO: Tsutomu Tannowa) hereby announce the following division level reorganization, effective as of April, 2019.
1. Details of the reorganization
- “New Products Development Laboratory” of the R&D Center will be abolished
- “New Products Development Laboratory” was established to integrate different technology fields for the creation of new business synergy. However, to pursue synergy by each related technology field, “New Products Development Laboratory” will be divided and integrated into Laboratories related to each department. Specifically, the Battery Materials Department and the Dental Materials Department will be integrated into the Synthetic Chemicals Laboratory, and both the Hybrid Materials Department and the Fiber Reinforced Composite Materials Department will be integrated into the Functional Materials Laboratory.
- “Global Human Resources Division” will be established
- While active business investments are planned to realize the long-term business plan, followed by the establishment of new companies and the acquisition of companies, overseas affiliates and subsidiaries have been rapidly expanding, and employees have been significantly increasing mainly in foreign countries. Under this circumstance, we will perform effective human resource management and strengthen human resource governance within the Mitsui Chemicals Group globally.
For the list of the division level organization before and after the reorganization, please refer to the annex.